When you join a Zoom meeting on the Zoom mobile app for iOS or Android, you may have microphone or speaker problems. You should try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
The following prerequisites must be met in order to troubleshoot audio on iOS or Android
You can download Zoom for iOS and Android devices (available on Apple App Store and Google Play)
How to troubleshoot speaker issues
The following steps will help you troubleshoot if you are unable to hear other participants in a Zoom meeting.
- Make sure that you have the speakers turned on. To turn on your speaker, you will need to tap the icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen if it is turned off:
- Press the volume buttons on your phone or tap the notification panel to increase the sound volume. Even if your device’s volume is set to vibrate or mute even when your speaker is turned on, it may still be set to muffle or mute the speaker.
- I suggest you use headphones.
- Turn off your device and restart it.
- Make sure Zoom is re-installed from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Problems with the microphone: Troubleshooting
Using the Zoom mobile app, click here to follow these steps in order to troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing with your microphone:
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it isn’t muted. It is possible to unmute yourself in the meeting control panel by tapping the muted Audio icon:The host might have muted you when you entered the meeting, if you are still muted. You can ask the host to unmute you by sending him a chat message.
- Make sure that the audio is connected to your mobile device. There is an icon that says Join Audio in the meeting controls. It can be clicked on and you will be able to choose Call Over Internet. In the event that you are prompted to allow Zoom access to your microphone, please do so.
- You may also want to try using headphones with a microphone.
- In order to do this, you will have to make sure Zoom is allowed access to your device’s microphone.
- iOS: Using an iOS device, go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and toggle the Zoom option on.
- Android: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions or Permission Manager > Microphone and switch on the toggle for Zoom.
- Please make sure there are not other applications that are using the microphone at the same time.
- iOS: To find out which apps are currently running on your iOS device, double-tap the “Home” button. When an app needs to be closed, swipe up.
- Android: The multitask button on Android devices (typically located in the bottom-right corner of the screen) allows you to view apps that are currently running. You can close an app by swiping left or right.
- Make sure your device is restarted after closing an app.
- You can reinstall Zoom from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Read it also –
|Zoom Premium Audio Report|
|Zoom Audio Us Canada|
|How To Add Audio Watermark In Zoom App|
|I Want To Check The Operation Of The Audio Device Pre Meeting During A Meeting|
|Customizing Default Audio Settings In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my device audio not working on Zoom?
On Android devices, Zoom may experience sound problems if there is a mute on your phone’s speaker or your in-app speaker has been disabled. This may occur if you are using Zoom on an Android device. There is also the possibility that the App may not function properly if the sound profile setting on the phone is Silent or Vibrate. It is for these reasons that the disruptions are most likely to occur.
How do I resolve Zoom audio problems?
The first thing that you will want to do in order to troubleshoot this is to make sure that your speaker is not muted, that your speaker is on, and that your audio settings are correct. You might want to try increasing the volume on your device as well as Zoom, as well as using headphones or a different device if necessary, as well as increasing the volume on your device. The permission to access your devices should also be granted to Zoom so that the app can access them.
How do I get audio settings on Zoom Mobile?
Controls for Audio and Video – At the top right corner of your screen, you’ll see a rectangular icon for audio and video, which you can tap to control the audio and video. The mute/unmute function can be accessed by clicking the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen if you wish to mute or unmute yourself. In order to stop or start your video, you need to click on the Video Camera icon.
Why is my audio not working on Zoom Android?
How to troubleshoot speakers that are not working properly
If your mobile device does not have a volume button or notification panel, you can increase the volume using the volume buttons. It is possible that your device is configured to either mute or vibrate only when you are using the speaker in Zoom, despite the fact that you have turned on the speaker in Zoom. Using earphones or a headset with a microphone built in will enable you to hear clearly when you are listening to the music. The best way to fix this is to restart your cell phone.
Can you use phone for audio on Zoom?
Click the up arrow on the Audio Settings page, and as soon as you do, switch to Phone Audio by clicking the switch button located under Phone Audio Settings. You will find a tab called Phone Call on the left hand side of the screen. The Zoom feature that allows you to join the meeting by dialing your phone number will be available to you if you subscribe to the call-out add-on.