It is possible to view public chat messages in Zoom Rooms during meetings. In Zoom Rooms, the user can view chat messages on both the Zoom Rooms controller and Zoom Rooms display. When a chat message is received, a notification is displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen. The Zoom Rooms display can also be configured to disable chat notifications.
Zoom Rooms do not have a chat feature. Computers or mobile devices are required to send chat messages.
This article covers:
- How to view In-Meeting chat
- How to edit the way chat appears on the Zoom Rooms display
Prerequisites for viewing in-meeting chat in a Zoom Room
- Version 5.0.5 or higher of Zoom Rooms
- Having the ability to edit Zoom Rooms as part of your role
How to view In-Meeting chat
On Zoom Rooms, you will find public chat messages displayed on the screen of the room. You will be able to see them even if you are not in a Zoom Room
On the controller
- The chat icon will display a red dot when there are unread chat messages on it.
- You can view your messages by tapping the chat icon.
On the display
In Zoom Rooms, new chat messages will be displayed by default. By editing the chat settings on the controller, you can view the entire chat panel on Zoom Rooms.
How to edit the way chat appears on the Zoom Rooms display
Zoom Room Controller
- You can chat in Zoom Rooms by tapping the Chat button on the control panel.
- In the chat window, click the gear icon.
- Select your chat settings.
- Show notification on TV: Incoming chat notifications will be displayed on the Zoom Rooms display when this setting is enabled.
- Show full chat panel on TV: Zoom Rooms will display the full chat panel when this setting is enabled.
- If you prefer to view chat messages on the controller only, you can toggle both settings off.
Zoom Web Portal
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- To access Zoom Rooms, click Room Management.
- For each Zoom Rooms level, select the feature you want to edit. To modify an account, click Account Settings, or click Edit for a specific state, building, floor, or room.
- Go to the Meetings tab.
- Enable chat notifications on TV can be turned on or off by clicking the toggle next to it.