It is possible to view the captioning on the Zoom Rooms display if closed captioning or live transcription is available as part of a meeting.
Prerequisites for viewing closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Version 5.0.5 or higher of Zoom Rooms (view captions only) is required.
- Whether it is a closed captioned meeting or a live transcription of the meeting
- With this role, you will be able to edit Zoom Rooms at any time
How to enable closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on the Room Management link in the navigation menu and then on Zoom Rooms in the drop-down menu.
- The Zoom Room where you would like to enable closed captioning can be accessed by clicking Edit next to the Zoom Room.
- Click on the Meetings tab at the top of the screen.
- To enable or disable manual captions and automated captions (live transcription) in the meeting, click the toggle next to In Meeting (Advanced).
How to view closed captions or live transcription in a Zoom Room
- Attend a meeting where closed captioning is being provided by the host as well as live transcription of the meeting.
- Whenever you have live transcriptions or closed captioning enabled on your Zoom Rooms controller, you will be able to see a red dot appear over the settings icon.
- In the settings icon, tap Closed Caption, and then tap on the button to enable it.
- Enable Closed Caption by tapping the toggle next to it.
- With the slider bar, you can adjust the text size (optional).
Read it also –
|How To Use A Third Party Closed Captioning Service In Zoom|
|How To Using Save Captions In Zoom|
|How To Manage Closed Captioning And Live Transcription In Zoom App|
|Managing Enabling Or Disabling Closed Captioning And Live Transcription In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view closed captioning on Zoom?
By logging in with your Zoom account, you will be able to connect to the Zoom desktop client. Join one of the meetings or webinars that interest you. In the meeting controls, you will see a notice above the button for Closed Caption that will inform you of the availability of closed captioning when it has been enabled by the host. To start viewing closed captions, click on Closed Caption at the top of the page.
Does closed captioning work in zoom breakout rooms?
This is a brief guide on how you can set up closed captions in breakout rooms that you are using. In the meeting controls, participants have the option of clicking Show Captions in order to view the closed captions in the breakout rooms that they attend. We recommend that if you are hosting the meeting and wish to have closed captions in the breakout rooms, you use a third-party closed captioning service.
Does Zoom have automatic closed captioning?
The host or another participant assigned by the host can caption a meeting in one of three ways: manually captioning by the host or another participant assigned by the host, closed captioning by an integrated third-party service, or automated captioning (also known as live transcription) by Zoom’s automatic captioning function.
How do I turn on Zoom transcription?
You can enable the audio transcript feature by logging into the Zoom website and clicking on the Audio Transcription tab on the left side of the screen. At the top of the page, there is a navigation menu that you can click on to access the Settings section. You can verify that this setting is enabled by navigating to the Cloud recording option on the Recording tab and clicking on the checkbox next to it.
How accurate is Zoom closed captioning?
If you record a meeting and upload it to the Zoom cloud from Canvas, Zoom will automatically generate closed captions/transcripts for your Canvas course, as a result of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR). In order to determine the accuracy of these captions, a number of factors have to be taken into account. The chances of them coming up with an accurate prediction are rarely greater than 85%.