Please follow these steps if you recently switched Zoom accounts and are looking to use your old account’s Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and/or Personal Vanity URL (PVU) but are not able to do so since your previous account became a Basic account for the current account, please follow these steps.
Note: A new Zoom account needs to have a Pro subscription plan and be owned or administrated by a person with this privilege
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Select User Management > User from the drop-down menu.
- If the old Zoom account still exists (you’ll need to accept the invitation sent to the old email address), then you should add the old Zoom account as a user.
- Changing your new account’s account type to Basic will allow you to tie your old account’s account type to your new account.
- You will need to sign out and sign back in to the old account after you change the account type.
- Change the PMI and PVU of the account.
- You will need to sign out from the previously used account and sign in to the new account.
- Make sure you reactivate your Pro subscription on the new account.
- In the new account, please change the PMI and PVU.