For H.323 or SIP devices to connect to Zoom meetings through the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM or CallManager), it is recommended that you configure SIP profiles and trunks within the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM or CallManager). As a result of this configuration, there are two streams of content that can be provided and the meeting quality can be optimized.
This article covers:
- How to set up CISCO Unified Communications Manager with Zoom
- SIP Trunk Security Profile Setup
- Configuring SIP Profile
- Creating SIP Trunk to VCS
- Neighbor Zone to CUCM Advanced Setting Verification
How to set up CISCO Unified Communications Manager with Zoom
SIP Trunk Security Profile Setup
- The SIP Trunk Security Profile can be found under the System > Security section of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.
- Click on Add New to create a new project.
- Configure the security profile for the SIP trunk.
- Save the file.
Configuring SIP Profile
- Navigate to Device > Device Settings > SIP Profile in your Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.
- Select Cisco VCS Standard SIP Profile.
- Click on Copy.
- Best Effort is the option you should select for voice and video calls during the Early Offer.
- Make sure SDP Information is checked
- Share presentations using BFCP
- Enable iX Application Media
- Answer SDP with multiple codecs
Creating SIP Trunk to VCS
- The first step is to navigate to Device > Trunk on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration page.
- Depending on your needs and configuration, enter the Device Information and the Device Pool information.
- For the SIP Information, you need to add the IP address and port of the VCS Control Server or the VCS Expressway C Server.
- The name that you entered in step 3 of the SIP Trunk Security Profile Setup above, Zoom SIP Trunk, will be the name that you enter in step 4 of the SIP Trunk Security Profile Setup above.
- The name of the SIP Profile that you enter in step 4 of the Configuring SIP Profile procedure is Zoom SIP Profile, so you will use this for the SIP Profile.
- The trunk should be saved and then reset.
Neighbor Zone to CUCM Advanced Setting Verification
- Navigate to Configuration > Zones > Zones from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration screen.
- To access the neighborhood zone for CUCM, click on the link.
- It is important to ensure that ICE support is turned on in the settings.
- The Zone profile should be changed to Custom.
- The call signaling routed mode needs to be set to Always in the call signaling settings.