It is possible to use the Code Snippets function on Zoom Chat so that you can copy and paste code right onto the chat window, and it will be highlighted properly for you. This function is usually found in text editors. In order to send code via chat, you send snippets rather than attaching an HTML file. The code will be formatted and syntax highlighted by Zoom, so that it will be easier to read.
A separate package must be downloaded if the code snippet is to be enabled.
Prerequisites for sending a code snippet
- This is the desktop client for Zoom
- 4.1.23108.0402 or higher for Windows
- 4.1.23108.0402 or higher for macOS
- And 4.1.23108.0402 or higher for Linux
- In order to enable this setting you must be the account owner or an admin
How to enable code snippet for the account
Code snippets can only be used if your admin has enabled code snippets at the account level before you can use them.
- You can access Zoom’s web portal by signing in.
- You will be able to access Zoom Chat by clicking the Zoom Chat button in the navigation menu.
- If you have enabled Code Snippets, you will be able to access the Zoom Chat feature.
How to display a code snippet
- Access the Zoom client on your computer by signing in to it.
- In the top-right corner, click on your name, and then select the Settings option.
- Then select the Chat option.
- You can now check the box next to the button marked Show Code Snippet. Unless this setting is enabled by your admin, you will not be able to use code snippets.
- Click the Close button.
The Code button will appear on Zoom Chat.
How to download the code snippet package
On the first occasion that a code snippet is sent, a prompt will appear asking you to install the package that contains the code snippets. Installing Zoom once on your computer will be your only requirement, unless you uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Open Zoom on your desktop computer and sign in.
- Go to the Chat tab on the left side of the screen.
- There you will find the Code button located in the tool bar above the chatbox.
This will require you to install the package which contains the code snippets.
- Please click on the Download button.
This code snippet package needs to be installed, and then the code snippet window will automatically open after the installation.
How to send a code snippet
- In order to see the code snippet, you will need to enable it.
- You can do this by signing into the Zoom desktop application.
- Then select the Chat tab on the toolbar.
- Once that is done, click the Code button that is located to the left of the chat text box.
- You will now be asked to enter these details:
- Title (optional: You can enter a title for the code snippet if you wish.
- Text drop-down menu: Choose the type of code. This snippet is either a text snippet, an image, or something else.
- Wrap: In order to view long lines of text, this option should be selected if you want the text to be centered. If this option is not selected, then users will need to scroll horizontally to read long lines of text.
- Type or paste your code into the box.
- Then click the Create Snippet button.
How to view a code snippet
- In order to use the code snippet, make sure you have enabled it.
- In order to do so, sign up for a Zoom account.
- Then click on the Chat tab.
- In the chat window, select one of the threads containing the code snippet.
- You can view the entire code snippet by clicking View More below the code snippet message.
The code snippet will be displayed in a new window after you click View More.
How to copy a code snippet
- The code snippet must be enabled.
- Open Zoom on your computer.
- Select the Chat tab.
- Find a code snippet in the thread.
- When it appears in the chat window, hover over it.
- You will see an ellipsis (…) appear.
- Simply click on the copy button.
As you are doing this, the code will be transferred to your clipboard so that you are able to paste it wherever you want.
Read it also –
|Sending A Screen Capture File Reaction Or Audio|
|Sending Videos In Zoom Chat|
|Showing Default Email When Sending Email Invites In Zoom App|
|Sending An Event Wide Message In Zoom Events|
|Sending Animated Gifs Using Giphy In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is show code snippet in Zoom?
How do I enable copy and paste in Zoom chat?
How do you quote a message in Zoom?
- In order to sign in to the Zoom desktop client, you will need to enter your email address and password.
- There are three types of chats to choose from: a 1:1 chat, a group chat, and a channel chat.
- You can reply to a message by hovering your cursor over it. …
- In order to reply to a message, click on the reply icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Your reply should be entered in line with all the other messages in the thread in the chat compose box, followed by the Enter key to submit it along with the other messages.
Can participants save chat in Zoom?
How do you add a personal note in Zoom?
Launch the Zoom desktop client and sign in with your Zoom account. In the upper-right corner of your screen, you will find a button where you can add a note to your profile by clicking on your profile picture. Your profile will be displayed at the top of the page with the text that you specify. Whenever you click on the text you want to type, anyone who is able to view your profile is able to see it without waiting for you to type it.
How do you add notes to zoom meeting?