The Bash Bug (Shellshock) is a critical security vulnerability discovered in Bash (Bourne-Again Shell), which allows remote execution.
Which components of Zoom may be affected?
If you have installed the Meeting Connector, Virtual Room Connector, or Telephone Connector / Gateway that runs on CentOS (Bash Update ), perform the following steps to update Bash.
- Sign in to the server as root via SSH.
- Execute the command yum -y update bash
How does this affect the Zoom client/app?
- Zoom clients do not use Bash and are not affected.
How does this affect the Zoom cloud (zoom.us )?
- The Zoom application server has been updated and will be updated as new patches become available.
Other related links
- Mac OS Update
See Security: Bash Updates for more information on this article.
Read it also –
|Bulk Import And Update Of Zoom Phone Users|
|Automatic Update Release Frequencies In Zoom|
|Enabling Automatically Update App In Zoom App|
|How Do I Update My Billing Contact In Zoom App|
|How To Update Credit Card In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a security issue with Zoom?
What is in the new Zoom update?
What has Zoom done to improve security?
Does my Zoom app need to be updated?
How do I update my Zoom app on my phone?
Zoom app updates are done through the Google Play store on Android devices. A button next to the app’s name will indicate if an update is available when you search for Zoom in the Google Play store. There is no need to update if the button says Open.
Why is my Zoom not updating?
How do I update Zoom manually?
Go to Google Play and open it. Select ‘My apps & games’ from the menu icon. Once you have downloaded the app, you will need to tap on the ‘Update’ button.
How long does it take to update Zoom?
How do I rollback my Zoom update?
How do I turn on auto update in Zoom?
- Log in to Zoom’s desktop client.
- You can access your profile settings by clicking your profile picture.
- To enable/disable Automatically keep Zoom updated, click the check box in the General tab.