The Zoom IM function can be integrated into Outlook via the Outlook IM integration feature. This article will help resolve a few issues that might have arisen in past releases of Zoom.
After uninstalling the Zoom desktop client (including the Zoom VDI Client), my Skype for Business integration stops working
- The issue is known to Zoom desktop clients older than the 5.6.6 release as well as Zoom VDI Clients older than 5.5.8.
- Zoom desktop and Zoom VDI clients can also be updated to fix this problem.
- Please run the PowerShell script to repair Zoom VDI Client versions older than the 5.5.8 release if the user must use an older version.
Read it also –
When I use the APPV to deploy the Zoom VDI client after I upgrade to a new version, the Zoom outlook IM integration does not work
- It is imperative that you ensure that Allow All COM Objects to Interact with Local Systems is enabled if you use APPV to deploy Zoom VDI client. If you would like to do so, you can do so from the Advanced tab of the APPV package by editing it.
Can I deploy two different APPV Zoom VDI client at the same time?
- The integration of Outlook IM with Outlook will be broken if you do that. For those of you who are not going to use Outlook integration, make sure you uncheck Allow All Com Objects to Interact with Local Systems during packaging.
When I use the APPV to deploy the Zoom VDI client, after I upgrade to a new version, my Skype for business outlook integration does not work
- It is critical that before publishing the new APPV package, you unpublish the older APPV package.
- The HKCU registry keys should be backed up and restored if you have a mechanism to do that. Due to the incorrect HKCU registry key being restored, the Skype for Business outlook IM integration function could be broken, since the wrong APPV zoom package location is pointing to the wrong zoom registry key.
- It is recommended that in case of a problem, CleanZoom is run on the impacted system.
How to use the CleanZoom.exe for recovering HKLM/HKCR/all users’ HKCU registry keys
- To make sure that there are no registry keys needing to be recovered, run CleanZoom.exe /check_skype_regkey as administrator. You will find the log documents in the clean zoom tool’s some subdirectories.
Note: Zoom client will no longer run automatically if you run this command, and the Zoom client will not be uninstalled if you run this command.
- In order to make Skype for business work again, you need to run “CleanZoom.exe /restore_skype_regkey” as an administrator.
Note: Using this command you will be able to stop the Zoom client from running automatically, but the client will not be removed.
How to use the Script skb_repair.ps1 for recovering HKCU registry keys
- This file is called skb_repair.ps1.
- To run it as an administrator, you will need to start PowerShell.
- You can enable this setting by running “set-executionpolicy unrestricted” in PowerShell, and then typing “Y” as the response.
- In order to repair the HKCU, run the program “&./skb_repair.ps1”.
- Logs can be found at the following location: “C:\temp\skb_repair.log”.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY IS Zoom not working with Outlook?
Select Options from the File menu in Outlook. From the left menu, select Add-ins. Select Disabled Items from the drop-down field at the bottom – Manage field, and click Go… Enable the Zoom Outlook Plug-in by selecting it.
How do I integrate zoom app with Outlook?
- Sign in to your Outlook account.
- Click the File tab at the top-left of the screen.
- To manage add-ins, click Info in the navigation menu and scroll down. When you open Outlook, a browser window will appear where you can manage your add-ins. …
- Add Zoom for Outlook by searching for it in the Add-Ins for Outlook window.