Event organizers can easily manage registrants and event registrations through Zoom Events’ registration management solution, which provides them with one place to manage all their registrants, helping them produce successful events. It is possible for Zoom Event organizers to view registrant information on their event portal in order to manage tasks pertaining to individual and group registrants as well as their own registrations.
It is the registration management feature that provides support for hosts and event organizers in terms of managing their registered participants on an event by event basis. Organizers and hosts of events can view, sort, and filter all of the special roles associated with their events as well as the regular attendees’ information and their registration status.
Prerequisites for registrant management
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- A Pro account, a Business account, an Enterprise account, or an Education account
- Licence for Zoom Events
- Windows’ Webview package for Windows platform is a dependency; that is, in version 5.7.6, there is no support for Zoom Events on Windows platform, but it may result in blank lobby experiences for hosts when running the application.
- Zoom Events and Webinar hosts are strongly recommended to update their Zoom desktop client/mobile application to the latest version in order to take advantage of the latest Zoom features.
Types of registration status
Note: If the registrant chooses to share their detailed information with you, you will be able to view their email address and country of residence.
In the event that a registrant registers for a Zoom Event and joins the event, he or she will be assigned the role of Attendee. Once they have registered for the event, their Registration Status will be displayed as Registered. A green REGISTERED label will also be displayed next to the names of those who have been registered on their profile card.
The date and time of the registration will also be displayed under the Registered status under their Registration Status, which will display the date and time of the registration.
Note: As a result of accepting their event invitation and registering for their event, the registration status for guest roles will also be changed from Invited to Registered.
It is possible to resend order confirmation to registered registrants if you wish to send them a message.
You will be able to see the status of both pre-registrants who are internal and external on the pre-registration page.
There will be Pre-registered registration status for an event participant if the host sends an invitation to a registrant along with an event join link to pre-register for an event on behalf of the host. It is not necessary for them to register again. There will be a blue PRE-REGISTERED label next to their name on their profile card, which will indicate that they have already registered.
When a registrant has been pre-registered, or when they become a pre-registered registrant after being pre-registered, their registration status is set to pre-registered by default. In both the Name column and on their profile card, the user’s first and last name will not appear. Instead, Anonymous will be displayed for the name of the user.e name of the user. Messages can be sent to pre-registered registrants and they can be resent the invitation to the event.
- It is possible for pre-registered attendees to register as regular attendees. However, it is possible for them to be assigned special roles on the day of the event. Registrants who have first registered as a regular attendee will be able to pre-register and assign special roles to themselves after registering as a regular attendee.
- You can attend all sessions if you have pre-registered as a guest.
Registrations for free or paid events can be joined by registrants via the invitation email they receive when they are invited to an event. Registrants can also be invited as a special role to an event by the host that allows them to participate in the event. On their profile card, there will be a blue INVITED status label next to their name, which indicates that their registration status is Invited, and their registration status will be displayed as Invited. Depending on how they are invited to the event, each of these attendees will have a different role to play:
- Creating a Zoom ticket can be done either for free or for a fee, and in this case, the host has the option to invite attendees via email, the members of a specific company domain, as well as members of their Zoom account. There will be a Guest role displayed for these invited attendees.
- In order to participate in an event, a host can invite other users to take part in the event as a special role. Some sessions will have them acting as alternative hosts, panelists, speakers, sponsors, sponsor representatives, interpreters, or moderators, depending on their special role.
- It is possible for registrants who have been invited as Expo roles* – booth owners, booth representatives* – to join an event via the invitation email that they receive at the time of registration. A blue INVITED status label will appear next to their profile card on the Manage Registration page, and as soon as they click the Register button, their registration status will be displayed as Invited. They will be able to see their role as Expo on the screen. It is possible for hosts to filter users by Expo in the user interface.
Having accepted the invitation to join the event, these invited registrants will see their registration status change to Registered. Also, a date/time stamp will appear under their Registered status to show the date and time of their registration as a result of accepting the invitation.
The event invitation can be resent to those who have registered for the event by sending them a message.
The role of Gifted will apply to those participants who have been gifted a ticket from another participant. There will be no text associated with their first and last names appearing in the Name column or the profile card of their account; instead, Anonymous will be displayed in place of their name as well as a red GIFTED label next to it.
The gift ticket can be resent to the gifted registrant if you send a message and let them know that you sent it.
Note: It is only possible to register for conference events with this registration status.
There is a direct join link that can be created for conference speakers by Zoom Events hosts. In the Zoom desktop client, speakers can attach directly to a meeting with the direct join link, even if they do not have any login credentials and do not wish to sign in.
If a speaker has been invited by a host with a direct join link, they will have the registration status, Direct-join, indicating that they have been invited as speakers. The role of the Speaker will always remain the same, as well as the email address of the Speaker.
As well as sending a message to direct-join speakers, you can also resend invitations to direct-join speakers.
Read it also –
|Managing Zoom Events Expo|
|Managing Zooms Salesforce Integration Security And Privacy|
|Managing Your On Zoom Host Account|
|Managing Attendees And Panelists In A Zoom Webinar|
|Managing Phone Users In Zoom|
How to access the registration management page as the host
The registration management page for the upcoming and past events that you host as the event host can be accessed here.
- Unless you are the host, you will not be able to view the registration management page (including the summary of information about registrants) or to send registrants any messages.
- In the Drafts tab, you will not be able to manage registrants from events.
Access the registration management page during event creation
- Create an event for the conference.
- Access the Registration tab under the Manage section of the page.
- The Registrants tab can be found by clicking on it.
It will then display a page that allows you to manage your registration.
Access the registration management page after event creation
- You will need to sign in to Zoom Events in order to participate.
- Select My Events from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- Select the Upcoming or Past tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the event you want to manage and then find the event that you want to manage.
- You can access the Registration tab under the Manage section of the page.
- Go to the Registrants tab and click on it.
It will take you to the registration management page where you can manage your registration.
How to send messages to all registrants
Prior to the event’s start, you can send an email to all registrants to inform them of the upcoming event.
Note: There will only be one event-related message that can be sent to all registrants before each of the occurrences occurs in an event series. There will no longer be a way for you to select an occurrence in the series once you have sent an event-related message to that occurrence.
- Become a member of Zoom Events by signing in.
- Click on My Events in the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- You can access the Upcoming or Past tabs by clicking on them.
- Click on the ellipses to manage the event that you would like to manage.
- In the event that there is an upcoming event, you can send a message to the registrants. You will need to click Send Post-Event Message to Registrants if you attended an event in the past.
You will see a pop-up window appear on your screen.
- The text box in the pop-up window is where you will need to enter the message you wish to send.
- Once you have finished writing your message, click the Send button when you are done.
How to view registrant information
When viewing registrant information and registrant profile cards, you can also view the information about upcoming or canceled events.
- Click the Registration link under the event that you would like to manage in order to access the Registration page.
- It is possible to see registrant information at a glance by viewing the columns below:
Note: A registrant’s email address and country will be displayed if they elect to share their information with us.
- Name: The first and last name of the registrant can be seen here.
- Email: An email address is shown here that shows the e-mail address that the registrant used to register for the event.
- Country/Region: Registrants’ countries/regions are shown here.
- Role: The registrant’s upcoming event role(s) can be viewed.
- Registration Status: In this section, it is indicated whether the registrant has been invited or has registered for the event.
- Ticket: Listed here are the event tickets registered for by the attendee.
- Attendance: An event has been joined or not by the registrant.
Access registrant profile card
- Find out what information a registrant has provided when he or she registered for a conference.
- If you click the dropdown arrow to the right of the attendee’s name, you will see a list of options.
In the next screen, you will be able to see the attendee’s profile card.
It is not only the Name, Email, Country/Region, Role, Registration Status, Ticket, and Attendance that is displayed on the attendee’s profile card, but it is also the following information that is displayed as well:
- Session: In this section, you will see the event sessions for which the attendee registered.
- Registration from: In this section, it is shown the platform or web link that was used by the attendee to register for the event.
- Registered multiple event orders: Listed below are the different roles that the attendee has for each of the events that they have registered for.
- Join links: If someone needs to share the attendee’s join link to the event, this is the feature that shows the attendee’s available join links. Here is a link that you can copy and paste into your browser.
The registrant profile page also provides you with the ability to perform the following actions when you access it:
- Send a message to
- Send the invitation again
- I have resent the order confirmation to you
- I would like to resend the gift ticket
- There is a limit of two messages that can be sent to an individual registrant (including pre and post event messages) per event by the host.
- It is not possible to send messages to registrants for drafted events.
- You will need to access the registration profile card of the attendee that you wish to send a message to in order to do so.
- To send a message to someone in their profile card, you need to click Send Message under their name.
A pop-up window will appear with the option to send a message.
- You will be presented with a pop-up window where you will need to enter your message in the text box.
- Send the message by clicking on the Send button.
Note: It is only possible to resend an invitation for an upcoming event. There is no way to resend invitations to registered attendees for drafted events.
- To send a new invitation to the attendee you want to resend an invitation to, first you need to access the attendee’s registrant profile card.
- The Resend Invitation button can be found at the bottom of their profile card, which allows you to resend your invitation to your event again.
The Resend Invitation pop-up window will appear as soon as you click the button.
- Click the Resend button in the pop-up window to confirm that the email has been sent.
Resend Order Confirmation
- In order to resend an invitation to a registrant, you will need to access the profile card for the attendee to whom you wish to send one.
- You can re-send an attendee’s order confirmation by clicking on the Resend Order Confirmation button at the bottom of their profile card.
There will be a pop-up window that asks you to resend order confirmation.
- Click the Resend button in the pop-up window to confirm your request.
Resend Gift Ticket
Note: Gifted ticket registrants will only be able to use this option.
- To resend an invitation to a registrant, you must access the registrant profile card of the person you wish to resend the invitation to.
- You will find the Resend Gift Ticket option at the bottom of their profile card.
A pop-up window will appear asking you to resend the gift ticket.
- As soon as the pop-up window appears, click on Resend in order to confirm the request.
How to export a list of registrants
For any Zoom Event, hosts have the option to download or export a CSV file with a list of registrants.
- You can access the Registration page by clicking here.
- The Registrants tab can be found by clicking on it.
- A CSV file can be downloaded by clicking Export in the top right corner of the screen.
The following registrant details can be found in this CSV file:
- Name of the display
- Address of the email account
- A marketing opt-in form
- Country/region of origin
- It’s a ticket
- Status of a registrant
- Status of Attendance
- It is possible to join directly (as a result of being invited by a speaker)
- The link to the registration form can be found here
- If the registrant has opted not to share their contact information with the Zoom Event host, their contact information will not be displayed.
- In the event that registrants refund their tickets, those registrants will not appear in the CSV file that will be downloaded.
How to filter registrants
- The registration page can be accessed by clicking here.
- Go to the Registrants tab on the left side of the screen.
- By selecting All Roles from the dropdown menu, you will be able to filter the results by roles.
It is possible to filter by All Roles, Special Roles, Guest, Attendee, and Expo, among others.
- To filter by registration status, click on the All Registration Status drop-down menu.
The registration status can be filtered into Invited, Registered, Pre-registered, Gifted, Direct-join, or All Registration Status.
- If you would like to filter event tickets by event options, simply click the All Tickets dropdown menu.
Depending on the ticket option you have selected (the name of your ticket), you can use a filter to narrow down the list.
Depending on the filter you choose, the list of registrants will be filtered in accordance with your selection.
How to search for registrants
- The Registration page can be accessed by clicking here.
- Click on the Registrants tab at the top of the page.
- Enter the name or email address of a registrant in the search box.
Note: It is also a fuzzy search, which means the search returns results that are similar but not exactly the same as what was entered. If you only know a portion of the name or email address, you can search for them. The feature also allows you to search for emails containing a few letters of a registered user’s name by entering a few letters of the registrant’s name.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you manage registrants in Zoom?
How do I set up Zoom registration for an event?
- Zoom can be accessed through the web portal.
- Click Meetings from the navigation menu.
- Alternatively, you can edit an existing meeting by clicking Schedule a Meeting.
- Make sure the Required checkbox is selected in the Registration section.
How do I find out how many people are registered for a Zoom event?
Can multiple people use the same zoom registration link?
How do I email Zoom meeting registrants?
Does Zoom send reminder emails to registrants?
Can you limit the number of registrants for a zoom meeting?
Does Zoom have event registration?
How do I customize my zoom registration?
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- On the home page, click Webinars.
- You can customize the webinar by clicking the topic.
- The Invitations tab can be found by scrolling down.
- On the right side of the Registration Settings section, click Edit. After clicking Register, a window will appear.