During a Zoom meeting in a Zoom Room, you can call a telephone user to invite them. If you want to participate in a non-Zoom meeting, you can also call a phone number.
This article covers:
- How to invite by phone while in a Zoom Rooms meeting
- How to call a phone number from Zoom Rooms
- SIP phone integration or Audio Plan add-on
- Zoom Phone
Prerequisites for inviting by phone and calling from Zoom Rooms
- During a meeting, invite someone by phone
- Zoom Rooms add-on: Audio Plan
- Using Zoom Rooms to call a phone number (one of the following is required)
- Zoom Rooms integrates SIP phones
- Zoom Rooms add-on for Audio Plan
- Zoom Rooms now have Zoom Phone licenses
How to invite by phone while in a Zoom Rooms meeting
Note: Audio plans are required to invite by phone. Zoom Rooms with Zoom Phone licenses cannot be invited by phone without Audio Plan.
- Zoom Rooms can be used to start or join meetings.
- The Zoom Room controller has two buttons: Manage Participants and Invite.
- Select Phone from the tabs.
- If you’re dialing an international number, tap the country code icon at the top left.
- Tap the phone icon after dialing a number.
- You can also view previously-dialed numbers by tapping the downward arrow at the top right. To call the number, tap it.
How to call a phone number from Zoom Rooms
SIP phone integration or Audio Plan add-on
If you have integrated a SIP phone with Zoom Rooms or added the Audio Plan add-on to your account, you will need to follow these steps:
- On the Zoom Rooms controller, you can tap Phone in the left-side panel.
- When you are dialing a number from abroad, you can select a country code by tapping the flag icon on the phone’s screen.
- Once you have dialed the number, you will be able to tap on the phone icon.
- The icon at the top right of the screen also allows you to view the numbers that you have previously dialed by tapping it. You can dial the number displayed on the screen by tapping it.
- Tap the icon if you would like to dial someone from your contacts list, and then select the contact you wish to contact from the list displayed.
If you want to add Zoom Rooms to Zoom Phone, follow these steps:
- Zoom Rooms controller’s left-side panel has a Phone button.
- To make a call, choose from the following methods:
Note: There is an area in the lower-right corner of the screen where you see the Zoom Phone extension number and direct phone number for the room (if one has been assigned to it). If you would like to change the outbound caller ID in the phone settings of your room, you can do so by changing the Outbound Caller ID option.
- Tap the phone icon after you have entered a number in the dial pad.
- The downward arrow at the top right of the screen can be tapped to view a list of numbers that have already been dialed. In order to dial the number displayed, you need to tap it on the screen.
- Click on the contacts icon to view other users within the organization who have a similar phone number. In order to contact the contact, you will need to tap on the phone icon.
- Most Zoom Phone controls can be used during the call. Alternatively, you can adjust the volume of the speakers by tapping and dragging the volume slider.
Note: With the Zoom Room controller, you cannot record a call.