Speakers can be invited by Zoom Events hosts to edit details of the session or the speaker bios of their sessions. The speaker can be assigned the responsibility of editing and adding information about the session after you have added sessions and speakers. If a speaker is assigned a session or a bio, they will be able to edit their bio or their assigned session. The benefit of this feature is that speakers can update their session details and bios so that the attendees can stay up-to-date on their sessions.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to invite a speaker to edit the session they are assigned to
- How to invite a speaker to edit their speaker bio
- How to review changes made to speaker sessions and speaker bios
Prerequisites for inviting a speaker to edit their information
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Accounts for Professionals, Business, Enterprises, or Educational Institutions
- A Zoom Events licence is required to participate in Zoom Events
- While version 5.7.6 of the Zoom Events application does include support for Zoom Events, it may cause Hosts to experience a blank lobby experience due to a dependency with Windows’ Webview package for Windows platform.
- It is highly recommended that hosts update their Zoom desktop client and Zoom mobile application in order to be able to access the latest Zoom Events and Zoom Webinar features.
How to invite a speaker to edit the session they are assigned to
You can delegate the editing and adding of information to the speaker that has been assigned to the session after you have added sessions and speakers on the Sessions and Speakers tabs- whether by uploading a CSV file or by adding one or more sessions and speakers manually.
The following steps can be taken to invite a speaker to edit the details of their session:
- Select the session you want to assign the assigned speaker to change the details for in the Sessions tab.
- When you are viewing the session, click the ellipses next to the session name.
- It is necessary to invite the primary speaker of the session to edit the session.
- Once you have clicked Send, the message will be sent.
The primary speaker will receive an email notifying them of your invitation to edit, letting them know that you have sent them a message.
Several speakers can be invited to edit the session details at the same time:
- Select multiple sessions in the Sessions tab, by selecting the checkboxes on the left of the sessions.
- To select all sessions, you need to check the Session Name & Time checkbox (Optional).
- The Invite Primary Speaker to Edit Session button is to be found in the top header of the page.
It will then appear a pop-up window asking you to review the presentation and send it to your primary speakers.
- Review the invitation details and your message to your primary speaker in the pop-up window that appears.
- Send the message by clicking on the Send button.
The primary speakers will be notified by email that you are inviting them to edit the presentation.
How to invite a speaker to edit their speaker bio
It is possible to delegate the editing and adding of information to the speaker’s biography after adding sessions in the Sessions tab – whether you have added them manually or you have uploaded a CSV file – you can do so by simply assigning the editing and adding of information to the speaker’s biography to the speaker of the session.
A speaker can be invited to edit their speaker bio by sending the following email:
- In the Speaker tab, you will need to click the ellipsis next to the speaker you want to invite in order to invite them to edit the presentation.
- The speaker will be invited to edit his or her bio by clicking the Invite Speker button.
- Send the message by clicking the Send button.
In order to inform the speaker that they have been invited to edit, you will send them an email.
If you would like to invite more than one speaker to edit their bio, follow these instructions:
- Please click the ellipsis in the top right hand corner of the Speakers tab.
- Clicking on the Invite Speaker button will give you the option of editing the speaker’s bio.
- Select multiple speakers’ check boxes by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the speaker’s name.
- You can select all the speakers by clicking on the Select All button (optional).
- Please click on Review & Send after you have completed the form.
There will be a pop-up window that appears that allows you to review and send invitations.
- Your invitation details and the message you would like to send to your speakers can be found in the pop-up window.
- Send the message by clicking the Send button.
The speakers will be notified by email that you have invited them to edit the presentation through an email.
How to review changes made to speaker sessions and speaker bios
You will have to review and approve or reject the changes the assigned speaker of the session made to the session or speaker bio that you invited them to edit once the speaker has finished editing it.
In order to understand how to review changes made to the speaker bios and speaker sessions, please refer to the support article on how to go through them.