This section describes how to check how computer audio works before joining Zoom Meeting.
Devices required for verification
Built-in microphone, USB microphone, or headphone in-line microphone
- Speaker or headphones
Operation check method Windows / Mac Test before meeting
- Log in to the Zoom client.
- Click Gear mark (setting).
- Click the Audio tab.
Test the speaker
- Click Test Speaker to play the sound.
- If you can not hear the sound, select another speaker from the pull-down next to the test button, or adjust the output volume.The speakers displayed in this pull-down will show the speakers connected to the computer.
Test the microphone
- The microphone section, [ test of the microphone to test the microphone by clicking].
- You can see the green input level bar move as Zoom picks up the audio sound.
- Audio will start recording. When finished speaking, click [ Recording ].
- The recorded audio is played back. Select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
- To have Zoom automatically adjust the input volume, check [Adjust volume automatically ].
When joining a meeting
When joining a meeting, you will be prompted if you did not select the Automatically join audio on the computer option.
- Click Test Computer Audio to test the speaker and microphone.
- Click this to open the audio settings. Please refer to the
above ” Test the speaker ” and ” Test the microphone “.
You can access audio settings and test audio while already in a meeting.
- In Meeting Controls, click the arrow next to Mute / Unmute.
- Click [ Audio Settings ].
- Click this to open the audio settings.
- Please refer to the above ” Test the speaker ” and ” Test the microphone “.
- Automatically adjust the audio: Automatically adjust the input volume of the microphone based on the sound that Zoom picks up.
- Automatically join audio on a computer when joining a meeting: Automatically join computer audio instead of specifying how to join audio each time.
- Always mute the microphone when joining a meeting: Always mute the microphone when joining a meeting. You can unmute it later.
- Join audio when joining a meeting using third-party audio: This option turns off the prompt to join audio if third-party audio is enabled for the meeting. Read more about third-party audio.
- Enable stereo: Sends stereo audio if supported by your microphone. Read more about this setting.
- Do not change the original audio from the microphone: Allows the microphone to transmit the original sound without applying for the Zoom audio extension. Read more about this setting.
iOS · Android to join device audio in a meeting
- If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting, you will be asked to grant access to the microphone.
When joining a meeting, you will be prompted to join the audio.
- The following audio options are displayed.
- [Internet Call]: Connect to audio via the Internet
- Dial In: Provides the option to dial into Zoom meetings via phone
- Call My Phone: Call to join
- the meeting. Meeting host requires a subscription to premium audio
- [ CancelIf you select], [ audioyou can open again prompt by tapping].
- Once connected, a microphone icon will appear in the lower left corner to mute and unmute.
- If there is a need to participate in the audio in a different way, [ Details], [ cutting of audioand disconnect the audio and tap].
Read it also –
|Zoom Premium Audio Report|
|Zoom Audio Us Canada|
|How To Add Audio Watermark In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you test if audio is working on Zoom?
How do I turn on audio in zoom?
Why is my Zoom audio not working on my laptop?
How do I change the audio device on Zoom?
How do I change my audio settings in zoom?
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your Zoom account.
- Select Account Management then Account Settings from the navigation panel on the left side of the screen.
- Go to the Meetings tab and click on it.
- It is necessary to select the audio option that you wish to use in order to enable the audio type.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.
How can I test my zoom video and audio?
Launch the Zoom client and sign in to your account. In the drop-down menu, click on your profile picture, then click on Settings. You will find the Video tab on the left side of the screen. As you select a camera, a preview video will be displayed; you will be able to choose a different one if another one is available to choose from.
Related Articles –