It is very easy to add Zoom meeting details to calendar events within Outlook when you are creating a new event, editing an existing event, or scheduling a new one once you have installed the Zoom for Outlook add-in, either by yourself or by your account admin.
How to schedule a meeting
Note: Zoom’s web portal syncs your scheduler settings with the Zoom desktop application.
- Create a new calendar event by opening your Outlook web calendar and clicking on the New Event button.
- The meeting details, such as the title, the location, and the list of guests, should be entered.
- In the top toolbar, click the three dots and then select Zoom from the menu that appears.You will see the Zoom sidebar open, prompting for your Zoom credentials.
- Add a Zoom Meeting by clicking Zoom and then clicking Add a Zoom Meeting.
- Enter your username and password in order to log in to your Zoom account. As soon as you log in to the Zoom web portal, you will be automatically logged in if you already have an account on the Zoom web portal.
Note: When you open your Zoom web portal and go to the meeting settings, your default settings will automatically be populated in the meeting settings.
How to view, edit, and remove meetings
- The Outlook Web Calendar can be accessed by opening it.
- When you click on a Zoom meeting, you will have the option to edit it.
- The three dots in the top toolbar can be accessed by clicking on them. In the event that a Zoom account login prompt appears, please sign in.
- Click on the Zoom button.
- Click on the Settings button.
- The meeting options can be changed and the changes can be applied by clicking Update when you are done.
Tip: You can load the default settings that you can find in the Zoom web portal by clicking on the Load default settings button.
- It is possible to remove the Zoom meeting from the event by clicking Remove (optional) if you choose to do so.
Outlook 2013 or 2016 (desktop client)
How to schedule a meeting
Note: Zoom’s web portal will sync your scheduler settings as soon as you log into Zoom’s website.
- Switch to the calendar view in the Outlook desktop app by opening it.
- Click on the New Meeting button in the Home tab of the window.
- Please enter details about the meeting, such as the title, the location, and the list of guests.
- On the top toolbar, there are three dots that can be clicked.
- Click on Zoom Settings from the drop-down menu.
You will be prompted to enter your Zoom credentials in the Zoom sidebar once you click the Zoom button.
- You can select the video, audio, and meeting settings that are most suitable for your needs. You can add Zoom join details to the meeting by clicking on the Add Zoom Meeting button.
- Sending the meeting invitation is as simple as clicking the Send button.
How to view and edit meetings
- The Outlook desktop app can be switched to the calendar view by opening the app and clicking on the calendar view.
- When you double-click a Zoom meeting, you will be able to see the details of that meeting.
- In the top toolbar, you will find a three-dot icon.
- Under Zoom, you will find a section called Settings.
There will be an opening of the Zoom sidebar.
- In order to apply the changes you made to your meeting options, click the Update button.
Outlook (Android and iOS mobile app)
How to schedule a meeting and add Zoom meeting details to the event
- Switch to the calendar view in the Outlook desktop app once you have opened it.
- The button will allow you to create a new event on your calendar by tapping it.
- Enter the details of the meeting, such as the title, location, and list of guests.
- The toggle next to Zoom can be found just below the Location field.
Note: You will need to tap the Meeting Provider field if you see another meeting service listed instead of Zoom, for this you will need to tap Zoom and then tap OK.
- You will need to sign in to your Zoom account if you are using the add-in for the first time.
- In the location field, you will add the URL to the meeting, and in the description field, you will add the invite to the meeting.
Note: As soon as you log in to your Zoom web portal, the meeting settings will be populated with the default settings.
- You can save the meeting by tapping the check mark at the top of the screen.
Read it also –
How to automatically add a Zoom meeting to each calendar event
Those who use Microsoft Outlook will be able to set up Zoom meetings to be automatically added to every calendar meeting they schedule in Outlook. Before you can make use of this feature, you will need to have the Outlook Add-in installed and configured on your computer. There is an option to enable this by default, but you will have to set Zoom to be the default meeting service in order to use it:
- You can do this by opening up your Outlook web calendar and clicking the settings icon.
- The Events and invitations tab can be accessed by clicking the button below.
- Please make sure that the checkbox next to the option to add an online meeting to all meetings is enabled.
- Choose Zoom from the list of meeting providers on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes.
It will take a few seconds for Zoom meeting details to be added to the Outlook meeting details after you begin scheduling an Outlook meeting.
Note: With the use of PowerShell commands, Outlook admins can configure this for specific users within their organization or for their entire organization. For more information on Make Every Meeting Online, please refer to the Microsoft Outlook support article.
How to schedule meetings for others
Learn more about scheduling privileges if you would like to schedule on behalf of another Zoom user.
Note: This add-in supports the scheduling privileges for Windows 10 OS 1910 (16.0.12130.20272 or higher), Outlook for macOS 2016, version 16.24 and later, as well as Outlook for Windows 10 OS 1910.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a meeting with Zoom and add to calendar?
- Please open Zoom desktop on your computer if you are not already signed in. If you have not already done so, please make sure that you open the application on your computer and sign in.
- The Schedule button can be found under the Home tab. …
- It is important that you enter the name of the meeting, the date, and time in the pop-up window.
- The video settings, the calendar settings, and the security settings can all be customized. …
- When you’re done editing, make sure you click on the green Save button on the right side of the screen to save your changes as soon as possible.
Why are my Outlook meetings not showing in zoom?
Where is zoom in Outlook?
It is also possible to set the zoom preference when composing, replying, or forwarding an email by choosing the zoom option on the sidebar.
- Create a new email by clicking on the New Email button.
- You can zoom the text by selecting Format Text > Zoom.
- Select the Zoom option and set the percentage to 100% (or whatever the percentage you prefer).