In-zoom meeting chats can be saved automatically or manually on your computer or Zoom Cloud.
How to Manually save Zoom chat During Meeting
The save destination is saved locally.
- During a meeting, click Chat.
- Select Details at the bottom of the chat window and click Save Chat.
- The chat is saved to a local recording location.
- By default, My Documents Zoom YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS My Webinar (Meeting ID)
How to Automatically save chat During Zoom Meeting
- Go to profile settings .
- To the right of Meeting (Basic) option, Here click on Edit Option
- turn on AutoSave Chat.
How to Save chat to Zoom cloud
It must be a paid account.
- Click the [ Recording ] tab in My Meeting Settings.
- Turn on Cloud recording and check ” Save chat messages from meeting/webinar “.
- In a meeting, to save chats, you need to start cloud recording.
How to Access chat data stored in the cloud
- You can access meeting records in one of the following ways:
- You will receive an email when your cloud record is ready. Click the link in the email to download or view the recording.
- When the recording process is over, move to [ My Recordings ]. Click a topic.
Downloaded File will be saved as TXT file.
Default chat storage location (computer)
In-meeting chats are stored locally at the recording location.
By default, it is saved in the document folder> Zoom > meeting name and date and time
To view the recording path or change the default
- Open the Zoom client on your computer and log in.
- Click on Your Zoom profile image and then select the setting.
- Select [ Recording ].
After it, You will get the recording path to save in local storage like –
The selected recording path is displayed. You can click the arrow to select a new file location.
Note: We do not recommend using a network or cloud drive. This causes file corruption if the connection is interrupted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are saved chats in Zoom?
Can I see Zoom chat after meeting?
How do you copy text from Zoom chat?
- In order to send code snippets, you must enable the option Send code snippets.
- Using Zoom’s desktop client, you can access your account by signing in.
- You can access the chat option by clicking on the Chat tab.
- It is important to choose a chat thread in which the code snippet is embedded.
- When you have the chat window open, hover your mouse over the snippet of code.
- You will see the ellipsis icon (…) when you click the icon.
- You can copy the text by clicking the Copy button.
How long are Zoom chats stored?
What happens to Zoom chat after meeting ends?