Cloud recording commentary video
Cloud recording is automatically available to all paid subscribers.
If you record a meeting and select “Record in Cloud” , video, audio and chat text will be recorded in Zoom Cloud. Recording files are stored in My Recordings and can be downloaded to your computer or shared via a link.
This feature can also be limited by hierarchy by the administrator.
Requirements for using cloud records
- Zoom Pro, Business, Education, API Plan
- Cloud record add-on registration plan
- Account Admin Can Enable or Disable Account Management
- Members must have a Pro license.
- You need Zoom client version 3.5 or higher for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
Storage and playback / download
The following is a storage capacity account provided free of charge using:
|Plan type||Free account capacity|
|Pro||1 GB / Pro User|
|Business||1 GB / Pro User|
|Education||0.5 GB / Pro User|
|Zoom Rooms||1 GB / Zoom Room|
- An email alert is sent to the account owner when the usage reaches 80% of registered storage capacity.
- The pricing for additional storage is as follows.
|$ 40 / month||100 GB||$ 1.5 / GB|
|$ 100 / month||500 GB||$ 0.5 / GB|
|$ 500 / month||3 TB||$ 0.1 / GB|
Enable cloud recording (entire organization)
- Log in to the Zoom Web Portal as an administrator with permission to edit account settings and click Account Settings .
- [ Record ] to move to the tab, [ cloud record ] Make sure you have enabled the setting.If the setting is invalid, switch the Status switch to enable. When the authentication dialog appears, click to turn on and select], to validate the change.
(Optional) To make this setting mandatory for all users of your account, click the lock icon and click Lock to confirm the setting.
This allows Pro users to enable cloud recording for meetings.
* Note: Account administrators and owners can disable the download download feature of their account by selecting “Disable Download Cloud Recording” on the account management page.
Cloud records to enable the ( specific group )
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with permission to edit user groups, and click Group Management .
- Click the name of the group and then click the Settings tab.
- [ Record ] to move to the tab, [ cloud record ] Make sure you have enabled the setting.If the setting is invalid, switch the Status switch to enable. When the authentication dialog appears, click to turn on and select], to validate the change.(Add screenshots with settings enabled)Note: If the option is grayed out, it is locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level.
(Optional) To make this setting mandatory for all users of this account, click the lock icon and click Lock to confirm the setting.
Enable Cloud Recording (User)
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and click My Meeting Settings .
- [ Record ] to move to the tab, [ cloud record Make sure you have enabled the setting.If the setting is invalid, switch the Status switch to enable. When the authentication dialog appears, click to turn on and select], to validate the change.
- Note: If the option is grayed out, it is locked at the group or account level and you need to contact the zoom administrator.
Read it also –
Start cloud recording
To record a meeting on the cloud:
- I will start a meeting.
- Select the Record button on the toolbar and select Record to Cloud .
- To stop the recording, stop the recording or end the meeting.
- When recording is stopped, the data is converted and stored in the cloud. Once the data has been saved, Zoom will send an email to the host email address.
For information on recording on mobile, see How to Record on Mobile Devices .
Check the cloud record
You can check the recorded conference from [ My Recording ].
If the recording data has not been returned yet, the recording will be displayed in the list, but the message “Processing of recording …” will be displayed.
Once the conversion process is complete, you can play, share, download or delete cloud recordings.
If you want to cut off the recording of a shared video and start or end it at a specified time, you can set the playback range. For more information, see ” Playing Cloud Records “.
Password the cloud record
If you want to restrict access to the download / share link of cloud recording, you can password protect the recording.
- [ My recording and select topic link on the page.
- Select [ Share ] in the password protected record .
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you save a Zoom meeting to the cloud?
- As soon as you have started the meeting, you will be able to record it by clicking Record, entering the name of the meeting, and selecting Record to the Cloud.
- In order to stop the recording after the meeting is over, you need to end the meeting. As soon as the recording is uploaded to the cloud, it will begin to process.
- Zoom will send you an email as soon as the processing of the recording has been completed.
Does Zoom automatically record to the cloud?
Can you record to the cloud with a free Zoom account?
There is no charge for Zoom Cloud recordings for users who have a free account
It is important to note that free users do not have access to the cloud for recording meetings. Even so, free users are also able to record their meetings by clicking the Record button on the bottom of the screen when they are in a meeting screen on their own computer or laptop that is either running Mac or Windows, instead of being limited only to that device. Consequently, they will be required to obtain the permission of the host for them to be able to do this.
Is it better to record Zoom to computer or cloud?
How long do Zoom cloud recordings last?
Zoom offers a lot of storage space for your files.
If you choose to record your Zoom meeting, you can do so for a period of 28 days before it is deleted from your Zoom cloud if you decide to keep the recording in the Zoom cloud for that time period. A recording may be downloaded by the host by going to the Zoom website at https://universityofsussex.zoom.us, clicking Sign In, and then choosing the recording under the recordings menu in the recording section of the website.