It is possible for administrators to allow users to configure the default service and integrate their calendars and contacts. Administrators can also enforce that all users must use the configuration they specified.
The integration will need to be set up and configured by your users through their own profile after it is created and configured by you.
Prerequisites for admin management of calendar and contact integration management
- Ownership or admin privileges on the account are:
How to set up calendar and contacts integration
- You will need to sign into Zoom’s web portal in order to access the service.
- Click Account Management from the navigation panel to access the Account Settings page.
- Then scroll to the Calendar and Contacts section down at the bottom of the Meeting tab.
- Here are the settings you should change:
- Calendar and Contact Integration:
- Provide users with the option of integrating their calendars and contacts. By default, users have this option enabled.
- The button Lock, which is located below the lock icon, will allow you to lock the respective configurations for users who want the default service to be forced upon them to use it, and then confirm that setting by clicking Lock. Users who currently have different permission levels will no longer have access to the calendar and contacts services. If a user on this list has an existing integration between their calendar and contacts, they will receive a prompt to do so.
- The prompt will only appear if a client version of 5.2.2 or higher is installed. The prompt will not appear on older clients.
- Choose default calendar and contact services for users:
- You can select the default calendar service and the default contact service for your users. When the user sets up the calendar and contact integrations, they will be able to select the default service.
You can configure the following services:
- Office 365 (authorize with Microsoft Graph API):
- Please make sure that EWS URL Authorization is not selected (that is the default setting). Set permissions for calendars and contacts.
- The hybrid Office 365 environment is not supported by this setting.
- Office 365 (authorize with Microsoft EWS API):
- During this process you will be able to grant Zoom full access to your mailbox by selecting Authorize with EWS URL and entering the EWS URL. Please note that Zoom does not have any control over the permissions.
- Exchange: There are two ways in which you can integrate your calendar with Exchange:
- Zoom will be granted full access to your mailbox if you enter the EWS URL.
- Zoom will be able to integrate with your desktop using MAPI (Windows only).
- You can only enable Calendar Integration for Windows devices if you enable MAPI and lock the setting.
- Google: Allow access to your contacts and calendar.
Calendar and contacts permissions
- Read: The Zoom desktop client lets you view calendar events.
- Write: The Zoom desktop client supports editing and deleting events.
- Read: Using Zoom in Zoom’s desktop client, users are able to view their contacts.
- Write: Using the Zoom desktop client, you can now create contacts based on your call history.
This is the list of permissions Zoom uses for Office 365. For more information, please visit the Microsoft support website.
- Calendar/Read: If the administrator selects this option: Calendars.Read
- Calendars.ReadWrite If the administrator selects Calendar/Write: Calendars.ReadWrite
- Contact.Read If the administrator selects Contact/Read: Contact.Read
- Contact.ReadWrite If the administrator selects Contact/Write: Contact.ReadWrite
Read it also –
|Setting Up Calendar And Contacts Integration In Zoom App|
How to change advanced settings
The settings for integrating the calendar and contacts can be tweaked in the settings for integrating the calendar and contacts
- To access Zoom’s web portal, please sign in.
- Then click Account Management then click on Account Settings to access your account settings.
- Then click on the Meetings tab.
- Then make the following changes under the Calendar and Contacts tabs:
- Ask users to integrate Office 365 calendar when they sign in:
- When users sign in, prompt them to integrate Office 365 with their account. When users sign in, prompt them to integrate Office 365 with their account. See the step-by-step instructions for setting up SSO-based calendar and contacts integrations with Office 365 if your account has SSO enabled.
- Ask users the first time they sign in:
- In the first sign-in to Zoom, users will be redirected to Office 365. Users can manually integrate the calendar and contacts if they don’t get it set up during this time.users every time they sign in until they integrate the calendars:
- Each time a user signs in and does not have contacts and calendar integration, Zoom will redirect them to Office 365.
- Only users in specific domains can integrate calendar and contacts services:
- The integration of calendar and contacts services should be limited to those users in the specified domain.
- Current users who are within the allowed domain will not be affected by this change.
- In the event that the current user does not belong to a valid domain but has already set up their calendars and contacts, that user will be prompted to set up the integration.
- The ability to integrate calendar and contacts will only be available to new users if they belong to a domain that has been approved.
- When adding multiple domain names, a comma should be used between each one.
- Consent to Office 365 calendar integration permissions on behalf of the entire account:
- During this time, a consent process for calendar integrations will be required for the Administrator of Office 365 on behalf of the account. When choosing settings, ensure that they are the same as those configured in Office 365.
- Enforce OAuth 2.0 for Office 365 calendar integration:
- It is important to note that the calendar services are authenticated using the OAuth 2.0 protocol when turned on.
How to observe privacy settings of calendar integration
The web portal in Zoom allows you to assign permissions to other users, so they can either follow your private meetings in Outlook or Google Calendar or they can simply select the ability to manage their events in Zoom. The user cannot see the meeting topic, invitation link, or attendee list of a private event if they are unable to manage private events.
A corporate executive may grant an assistant scheduling permissions under certain circumstances, but unless they trust the assistant to manage private events, the assistant will be able to see the executive’s private event on their calendar during a certain time, but they will not be able to access any other details about the event, such as the link to the meeting invitation, meeting topic or attending committee lists.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you integrate a calendar in Zoom?
- Zoom can be accessed via the mobile app.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Meetings.
- Synced calendars can be found under Synced calendars.
- Turn on the toggle for Sync Zoom Meetings from calendars.
- You can sync any calendar with Zoom by tapping it. The calendars you selected will appear with a blue check mark.
How do I manage my Zoom calendar?
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- You can access this menu by clicking Meetings.
- You can schedule a meeting by clicking the Schedule a Meeting button in the upper right corner.
- Select the user you would like to schedule for from the Schedule For drop-down menu.
- Make any necessary adjustments to other meeting settings.
- Finish by clicking Save.
How do I link my office 365 calendar to Zoom?
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in. Click on Room Management, then click on Calendar Integration. You can add a calendar service by clicking Add a Calendar Service under Calendar Integration. To choose an Office 365 calendar service, click the Select a Calendar Service button.
How do I add contacts to my Zoom account?
- Open the Zoom app and sign in.
- Go to the Contacts tab.
- To add a new entry, tap the + icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Invite a Zoom contact.
- Enter the email address of the contact you want to add.
- Tap Add to send the contact a request.
- Repeat with any additional contacts.
How do I link my Outlook calendar to my Zoom?
- You can change the settings of your Outlook web calendar by clicking the settings icon.
- To view events and invitations, click on the Events tab.
- Add an online meeting to all meetings by checking the box next to it.
- From the meeting providers list, select Zoom.
- Save the changes.