The experience of managing cloud recordings allows account owners and administrators to view, delete, and share all files associated with their user accounts, such as video, audio, transcripts, and chat transcripts.
Recording management provides you with the ability to view, manage, and share your cloud recordings as a user.
Note: If you are an administrator, you can restrict your users from editing or deleting the cloud recordings.
Prerequisites for managing and sharing Zoom cloud recordings
- The ability to manage user recordings in the cloud requires the owner or administrator privileges to the account.
- The account must be enabled for cloud recording
- To be able to share recordings in the cloud
How to access recording management in Zoom
- Log into your Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- From the Account Management link, click on Recording Management to access your recording settings.
The account management page will display all recordings that are available to you.
- All you need to do is enter the meeting ID or topic for which you would like to search. In audio transcripts, you can also search for keywords that describe the content of the meeting.
Note: The date you specify does not have to be within a particular month.
- You can filter recordings based on a date range, a host, or a storage location by clicking Advanced Search (optional).
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- After logging in, click Recordings from the main menu.
A list of recordings in the cloud that you have started and that you have finished processing will be displayed to you.
- If you wish to search by host, meeting ID, topic, keyword, or the date range, please specify the date range and status.
- Your search will work regardless of the date range you specify.
How to share, download, and delete cloud recordings
- In the section titled accessing recording management, you will learn how to access your cloud recordings.
- To share, download, or delete a recording from the cloud, locate it using the cloud recording search box.
- To share:
- To share a recording, simply click the Share button on its page.
- If you choose to share your cloud recording, you can adjust your sharing settings from the Share this cloud recording pop-up window.
- After you click Copy, you will then need to navigate to your email or wherever you need to paste the sharing information to share a cloud recording.
- To download:
- To delete:
- Click on the delete icon at the bottom of the recording page.
- You will be asked to confirm the action by clicking Yes.
Learn how to delete cloud recordings by watching the video below.
Note: It is possible if the option of auto-delete is enabled on your cloud recording account for all users, you will be able to disable auto-delete if made available by your administrator.
Settings for sharing cloud recordings
In the “Share” button, you’ll be able to view the recording link information as well as sharing settings, such as requiring a password and disabling downloads from viewers. All videos that appear under the original recorded meeting will respect these settings.
- Share this recording: Shares the recording with the public or with other employees of the company. If you choose not to share the recording with the public, turn the toggle off. The cloud recording that Zoom creates for you will be visible to visitors if you send Zoom the URL where the recording is stored.
- Add expiry date to the link: Provides you with the option to set a number of days or a specific date when viewers will be unable to access the link.
- Viewers can download: Gives viewers the option of downloading the video as well as watching it online.
- Viewers can see the transcript: The auto transcript can be viewed if Zoom was able to generate one.
- View recording on demand (registration required): To view or download the recording, users must enter their name and email address. This information can be downloaded by the host.
- Password protection: Before the recording can be viewed or downloaded, a password must be entered by the user. Toggling this option on will allow you to login with a custom password following the default one that was created.
- Copy Sharing Information: A copy of your recording’s link and password (in case it’s enabled) will be created. The following link allows viewers to view all video clips that have been added to the recorded meeting and can be accessed through this link. The following information can be shared with others in order for them to view the cloud recording.
Note: There is also an option to alter recording settings on a user-by-user basis.
Read it also –
How to view cloud recordings
- Using the methods mentioned in section accessing recording management, you will be able to view your cloud recordings.
- There are different views of the recordings you will see based on the cloud recording settings that you choose.
- The link for each view can be clicked on for a closer look at the recording or for a listening experience.
- After you highlight a view, you can choose to download the recording, share the download link, or delete the recording. Clicking the download or delete icon is equivalent to pressing the download or delete button.
- Please refer to the Recording Layout for more information.
- Once you’ve located the recording you wish to view, select the topic you want to view.
Note: In the list of recordings, if the conversion process has not yet finished, then it will show as a recording that is in the process of being converted. The recording will then be converted into an MP4 (MPEG4) format. After the recording is converted, you can view, share, download, or delete the cloud recording.
- You can play the recording by clicking on the play icon.
Rename the recording meeting topic and display name
Your cloud recording can be changed as to the topic as well as the display name. As well as viewing analytics, including reports on the number of views and downloads of your cloud recordings that you have shared with people within the company and with people outside of it.
- The recording topic is displayed as well as a pencil/edit icon to the right, and can be changed as desired, after you have viewed the recording.
- Change the display name of the recording by clicking on the pencil icon immediately to the right of the display name.
View cloud recording analytics
For all external or internal shareable cloud recordings that you have made, you will be able to view analytics (page views and downloads).
- Managing recordings can be accessed through this page.
- All you need to do is click on the topic that corresponds to the recording you wish to view.
- Select Recording Analytics from the drop-down menu.
- You can select a date range from the drop-down menu at the top, and then click on Search to find the results.
- For a summary of the data or to filter by views/downloads, you can select one of the tabs.
The following metrics will be displayed for this recording:
- Summary: Here is a quick look at how many views and downloads have been made by date.
- Views: Upon viewing a recording page, you will notice both the number of times they viewed it and the length of time they viewed it. It is important to note that this metric does not count playbacks of the recording. This metric also doesn’t count the unique page views, which means that if anyone reloads the page, this also counts as a new view.
- Downloads: In the cloud recording page, this is the number of times the Download button was clicked. A download is not tracked under this metric because it does not include how many times a download was successful. So even if a user starts downloading but does not finish, he or she is still considered for this metric.As well as Export to CSV file, which is a button to export the data in the current tab as a CSV file, you will also see the option Export to PDF.
- Zoom users can see this column if they are signed into their account on the web and if they view or download a recording using their username and the email address associated with it. They cannot see this information if they are signed out of their account on the web.
- You will not be able to revert the metrics to their default values if you change the cloud recording sharing settings. In other words, if you decide to change the private sharing setting to public.
How to export a list of cloud recordings
There is also the option of exporting a CSV file with recording details, which includes the email of the host, the meeting ID, the topic of the meeting, the start and end dates, and the size of the recording.
- Management of recordings can be accessed through this interface.
- You will be able to search for the report you need by entering your search criteria.
- Then click the Export button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Zoom cloud recordings?
- Become a member of the Zoom website by signing in to your account.
- The recordings can be accessed by clicking the Recordings button.
- To view the cloud recording files for a particular meeting, click on the topic under which the meeting was held.
How do I share a recorded Zoom meeting?
- It is important that you sign into your Zoom account so that you can access the recording option that is located on the right side of the screen when logged into your Zoom account.
- In Step 2 of the process, you will click on Share…
- By copying and pasting the Zoom video recording link into an email message, you can share the Zoom video recording link with your colleagues so they can view the video recording in real time, such as in a corporate messaging app or by sharing the Zoom video recording link in a corporate messaging app.
How long are Zoom cloud recordings available?
When you record a Zoom meeting, the audio recording will be stored in the Zoom cloud for 28 days, after which it will be deleted from the Zoom cloud after this period of time. As long as you have recorded the meeting, the audio will be stored in the Zoom cloud for 28 days after the meeting. By visiting https://universityofsussex.zoom.us, clicking Sign In, and then selecting Recordings to the left of the screen, the host can access the recording during this period of time.
How do I share Zoom recording on my computer?
- You will need to sign in to the Zoom desktop client first before you can proceed with setting up a Zoom meeting.
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- On the Recorded tab, you will find a list of all recordings.
- You can view the recording for a particular meeting by selecting it from the list and clicking the Open button. …
- Alternatively, you can upload the MP4 file to a video streaming service or to a cloud storage service by using a tool such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, YouTube, or Vimeo.
How do I download a Zoom cloud recording?
- To access newschool.zoom.us, you must first sign in. …
- Towards the left side of the screen, click “Recordings”.
- Taking a look at the “Cloud Recordings” tab, you will be able to find the recording of the video you wish to save.
- Then click on the “more” button next to the video you wish to download and then click on “download”.