You can enable or disable audio transcription for cloud recordings by going to the settings menu
It is possible to record audio of meetings and webinars into the cloud and then have the recording automatically transcribed. In the list of recorded meetings, the transcript appears as a separate VTT file once it has been processed. In addition to this, you also have the option of displaying the transcript text within the video itself, where it will appear just as it does within closed captions
As would be expected, the transcription is divided into sections. Each section is marked with a time stamp indicating the point in the recording where that section of the text was recorded. Various types of editing can be performed on the transcript so that the words can be captured more accurately, or to add capitalizations and punctuation that are not reflected in the transcript.
- Only English can be used for audio transcription.
- Audio transcription applies only to recordings in the cloud. In addition, closed captions and live transcription are also available.
- An Enterprise, Education, or Business license with cloud recording capability is also available
- Admins and Owners of accounts can enable or disable features at the account or group level as per their privileges
Note: If you meet the requirements above but do not see the option, make sure that you contact our support department so this can be enabled.
This article provides instructions for enabling or disabling audio transcription from the account level
For all members of your organization to have access to the audio transcript feature, please follow these directions:
- Click on the Zoom login button to access the Zoom web portal.
- Click on the Account Management option in the navigation menu to access the Account Settings page.
- Verify that the Cloud recording option is enabled on the Recording tab, by clicking the Cloud recording option.
Note: If the Cloud recording option is disabled, simply turn it on by clicking the Status toggle. Once the change has been verified, a dialog box will pop-up for you to confirm that you would like it to turn on.
- If you click the Audio transcript check box in the Advanced cloud recording settings, you will be able to hear the transcript’s audio, which you can then confirm by clicking Save.
Note: If you would like to make this setting mandatory for all your account members, click Lock to confirm the setting, and then click Lock to confirm it.
Read it also –
The steps involved in enabling and disabling audio transcription for a group
Note: You will find that the Group Management page has been renamed to Groups if you have created a Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or if you have enabled the New Admin Experience for your Zoom account.
For all members of a particular group of people to be able to access the audio transcript feature, follow these steps:
- Sign into the Zoom web portal and access the audio transcription feature.
- To do this, first select User Management from the navigation menu, then select Group Management.
- From the list of the Contacts and Channels . You can add contacts, create contact groups, click on the group name you wish to work with, and then click Settings.
- Ensure that the Cloud recording option is enabled in the Recording tab by selecting the Cloud recording option.
- Select the Audio transcription check box under the Advanced cloud recording settings, then click Save to confirm that you wish to enable it.
Note: Click the lock icon and click Lock to confirm the setting for all users in this group. If you chose to make this setting mandatory, you should click this lock icon.
The user can control whether audio transcription is enabled or disabled at the level of the user
For your personal use, you can enable the audio transcript feature as follows:
- You will need to log in to the Zoom web portal to do so.
- Go to the Settings link at the top of the page.
- Please check that you have enabled the Cloud recording option on the Recording tab by navigating to it and verifying whether it is enabled.
- The setting must be enabled by clicking the toggle next to Status to allow it to work. The change will be verified by choosing Turn On when you are presented with a confirmation window.
- This can be caused by a group or account lock, which is why it is greyed out, and you will need to talk to your Zoom administrator for further details.
- If you have not already enabled it, click the Audio transcript check box in the Advanced cloud recording settings. Then, click Save after you have confirmed the change.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off audio transcript in Zoom recording?
How do I enable audio transcription in Zoom?
- You can access your Zoom account’s settings by clicking on the Settings link in the left navigation menu.
- The Recording tab can be found in the Settings.
- Toggle on Cloud Recording under the Recording tab.
- Check the Audio transcript box under the Cloud Recording section.
- Save your changes.