Adding Zoom Rooms on the web portal
In addition to the Zoom web portal, Zoom Room Controllers are also available to add Zoom Rooms.
By adding a room from the web portal, you can enter a name for the room, access the calendar from the room, specify its location, enter a passcode for the room or specify additional settings.
Note:See Zoom Rooms Location Hierarchy for information regarding account-level settings (including country, city, campus, building, and floor), as well as setting up different locations (including building, campus, building, and floor).
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms on the web portal
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Access via the web portal Role with access to Zoom Rooms
How to add a Zoom Room on the web portal
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- From here, you will need to click on Zoom Rooms, then click Room Administration.
- You will then be able to add a new room.
- All you need to do is select the type of room and give it a name.
- If you enter a name containing Chinese characters for accounts with fewer than 10 licenses, you will be limited to 10 characters for the room name.
- Choose the calendar associated with this room if you have already connected a calendar service. It is also possible to select a calendar at a later time.
- Choosing a room location is another option.
- Adding multiple rooms can be done by clicking Save & Add Another. If you are adding multiple rooms, then repeat steps 4-7 for each one.
- Once you are done, click Finish. You will see a list of the rooms under the Rooms tab.
- After you have signed in to your Zoom Room computer with the user credentials you used to activate Zoom Rooms in Getting Started with Zoom Rooms, you should proceed with the setup steps described in that section. Once you select a room that you would like, you will then be able to choose its name.
Note: if you add only one Zoom Room, that particular room’s name will automatically be used for the room.
How to specify a default lock code
The Zoom Rooms settings page will prompt you to set a default lock code if the default value does not already exist in your Zoom Rooms account. The message asking you to specify a password for the account-level lock code may occur if the message asking you for your default password appears. Enter a password that will be used as the password for all the rooms that will be using the account password.