The support team will be able to troubleshoot issues you are experiencing if you provide them with log files and/or configuration files. These files are available for downloading from the portal, and you can then send them to support for further analysis.
Prerequisites for exporting logs and configuration files for Poly phones
- Polycom devices supported
- Polycom devices added to Zoom website
- in account-level settings for desk phones
How to access the phone’s web interface
- As you will see from the screenshots above, the instructions apply to both SoundPoint and SoundStation phones. However, the instructions will also apply to other phone series.
- When provisioned devices are enabled, the Zoom Phone web interface is by default disabled. You need to ensure that the Web Interface option is enabled in the account settings of the desk phones if you are unable to access the phone’s web interface.
- Press the Home button on your phone and then choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Status and then on Network.
- Make a note of the IP address by clicking TCP/IP Parameters and then IPv4 Addr.
- The computer must be connected to the same network as the cellphone, so you can open a web browser on it.
- Type in https:// and then enter the IP address of the phone.
- Adding a security exception to your browser will prevent the security warning from being displayed.
- You must sign in as the administrator to see the warning.
- 456 or 789 is the default password for the administrator account. You will need your username and password from the phone’s manufacturer. The Zoom web portal allows you to view the administrator password, if it has been set globally.
How to export logs and configuration files using the phone’s web interface
- Select the Diagnostics menu in the top menu bar and then click View & Download Logs under the diagnostic menu.
- The log file can be downloaded by clicking Export.
- Click the Import & Export Configuration link under the Utilities option.
- On the Export Configuration page, click the plus sign (+).
Visit Polycom support for information on configuring syslog.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I export zoom settings?
By moving your cursor over the Utilities option, you will have the option to select Import & Export Configuration. After clicking the plus symbol (+) next to the Export Configuration section, you will need to click on the Export button in order to proceed with the export procedure.
How do you zoom in on a poly phone?
Adding a Zoom Phone Appliance is as simple as following the instructions below.
The following instructions must be followed once the device is turned on and the startup menu is opened:
Create a new password for the admin account and confirm it.
The EULA must be accepted.
There is a choice of languages available.
Please choose a time zone from the list below.
Make sure that Zoom Phone is selected as the Base Profile.
If you would like to continue, please click Yes.
How do I download a CSV file from Zoom?
A maximum of 9999 records can be stored in a database.
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
You can access User Management by clicking on the User Management link in the navigation menu.
Select the Users tab on the left side of the screen.
In the upper right hand corner of this page, you will find an option for importing files. Simply click on this option to commence the process.
You can get a free CSV sample by clicking Download CSV Sample and filling out the template. …
Please open the file using a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel if you have one on your computer.
How do you download data from Zoom?
The details of the participants of a particular meeting you are currently participating in can be exported to a CSV file by clicking on the Meeting ID number and clicking on Export details to CSV. You will be able to export these details by clicking on the Meeting ID number and then clicking on Export details to CSV. The process of exporting the details of a specific participant of a meeting can be done by clicking on the required Meeting ID number, then clicking the name of the participant.
Where does Zoom save files?
The recording that you make locally will by default be stored in the following directories: Windows: C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom, Mac: C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom. If you are using a Mac, you can find Zoom in /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom. The file location for Linux is home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom.
How do I create a CSV file for Zoom breakout rooms?
In the Meetings section, you can schedule an appointment. Whenever you click Import from CSV in the Meeting Options section of the Meeting Options tab, which is under the Meeting Options section of the Meeting Options tab, you will be given the option of selecting the Breakout Room pre-assignment from the database, which will allow you to choose the pre-assignment from the database. Please click here in order to download a sample CSV file which can be filled out on your own based on the changes you want to make. In order to open up the CSV file, you will need spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel to do so.