It is possible for an administrator or owner of a Zoom account to self-identify their account profile by using the Children’s Education Status setting and to obtain information regarding whether their organization uses Zoom products to provide educational services to children who are under 18.
- In order for Zoom to be able to collect and use educational data, it is mandatory for Zoom’s Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices to be signed by an authorized Superintendent, Principal, Administrator, or Teacher. As a requirement of participation in Zoom Education, your organization is required to re-sign the Zoom Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices Agreement each year in order to keep participating.
- The Children’s Education Status setting must be enabled for all international and U.S. based customers.
- You are required to e-sign Zoom’s Consent to the Collection of Educational Data if you are a U.S. customer with educational services provided to children under the age of 13.
- It is not necessary for you to sign Zoom’s Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices if you are an international customer who provides educational services to children under age 13.
- Any questions can be addressed to the Customer Support Manager or by contacting Support.
The Children’s Education Status setting requires the following prerequisites:
- Account for education
- that has owner or administrator privileges
The children’s education status can be enabled by the setting Children’s Education Status
- It will be locked if your organization is located in the U.S. and you have chosen to let us know that you are an organization that provides educational services to children under 13 by using Zoom products if we do not receive an e-signature from you within 30 days following your self-identification as an organization that provides educational services to children under 13.
- Unless you unlock a locked account within 30 days, we may have to delete your account after 30 days if you do not follow the instructions. You can unlock locked accounts by logging into your account and following the instructions. Otherwise, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Support as soon as possible to avoid any service interruptions.
Children’s Education Status can be enabled or disabled by following these steps:
- As long as you have the privilege to edit account settings, you should log in as a Zoom web admin.
- Click Account Management then click Account Profile from the navigation menu.
- On the Account Profile page, click the Edit button.
- Clicking on the toggle under Basic Informaton allows you to either enable or disable the provision of educational services to children under 18 years of age.
- To verify that the change was made, click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog is displayed.
- If you select ‘Use this question to assess what age group the organization provides services to (check off all that apply)’, be sure to mark the checkbox(es), of the appropriate age group.
- Then click Save.
- When the dialog notification appears, click Continue.
- Enter the information needed for the organization in the Add Organization Information box.
- Select your role within the organization from the dropdown menu.
- In the event that you are a U.S. organization that previously selected the under 13 checkbox and are now selecting Other, you will need to provide the name of the Superintendent/Principal/Administrator/Teacher(s) who will consent to Zoom’s Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices for your organization, along with their email addresses.
- By selecting Other now, you will not require a secondary authorized party to be entered if you have previously selected the check boxes for 13 to 15 and/or 16 to 17 for any applicable age groups.
- Select your role within the organization from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Add button.
Your or the individual who provided consent will receive an email with instructions on how to complete this education account activation (see Step 9.1) When you or the individual who provided consent agree to Zoom’s Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices, you and your organization will be able to use this account.
- Those who have selected the checkbox(es) for students aged 13 to 15 and/or 16 to 17 can access their account and do not have to submit the Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices e-signatures as soon as they have added organization information.
- It is optional for you to change the recipient who consents to Zoom’s terms and conditions for collecting educational information. Click Change Recipient if you need to make such a change.
- Under Change Recipient, please write the name, the title, the email address, and the phone number of the Superintendent, Principal, Administrator, or Teacher who will give consent to the collection of educational data for your organization.
- Then click the Change button.
To facilitate the activation process, the consenter will be sent an email with instructions on how to complete the activation process. Your institution may use this account as soon as the recipient of the email has given consent to Zoom’s consent to educational data collection practices in the email.
Read it also –
|Getting Started With The Childrens Education Status Setting 2|
|Getting Started With The Childrens Education Status Setting In Zoom App|
|Why Does Online Education Rely So Much On Video Calls|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate my Zoom education account?
Please enter the e-mail address associated with your school and click “Sign Up”. The email with the activation link will be sent to you by Zoom.
Click on the Activate Account link in your email and follow the instructions.
How do you set up Zoom for kids?
If you have the Zoom app installed on your device, open it.
On your screen, you will see a button called Meet & Chat.
Join the group by tapping the Join button.
You will need to type the ID of the meeting.
Click on the Join button.
When prompted, type in your password.
Please tap the Continue button if you wish to continue.
In order to display audio or video, you will need to choose which option you wish to use.
Then tap the Join button.
How do I cancel my Zoom education account?
Here is how you can end your account if you wish to
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
You can access the Account Profile by clicking on Account Management in the navigation menu.
Then select Terminate My Account from the drop-down menu.
If you would like to terminate your Zoom account, please click Yes in order to confirm that you would like to do so. As a result of this action, your Zoom account will be permanently deleted.
As soon as you click the cancel button on the Zoom homepage, you’ll see a message indicating that your account has been successfully terminated.
What is Zoom education account?
In order to meet the concerns of educators and improve student outcomes, Zoom for Education helps schools, colleges, and universities to leverage secure video communication services for a variety of uses including hybrid classrooms, office hours, and administrative meetings.
How do I change the account type in Zoom?
What are the steps in changing the advanced settings for user management?
Click the User Management link in the navigation menu and then click Users to see the list of users.
Upon clicking the Advanced tab, you will be able to see the following information and settings: User Summary: The total number of users, the number of licenses, the number of users on-premises, and the number of Zoom Room users. The user type can be changed by following these instructions:
Is Zoom for Education free?
Zoom provides a wide range of collaboration tools as part of its free standard license, which includes the ability to use voice or traditional phone connections when the internet is not available, as well as the ability to communicate using videos and images. In addition to the above, administrators, teachers, parents, and students receive an in-depth, downloadable manual as well as unlimited meetings for as many as 100 people.
Is Zoom good for Education?
There is no need for a high-speed internet connection with this device, and it provides good quality sound and video conferencing as well. As far as video conferencing apps go, this one is a far better option than most well-established ones. Therefore, as a whole, Zoom is a great tool for learning and teaching