There are a variety of things that are stored in an address book, such as display names, phone numbers, and location data. Whenever a Zoom desktop client identifies a consumer as a contact in the address book during an active engagement, Zoom will display that contact’s information during the active engagement. The agent can add a new contact to either the consumer’s address book or to the address book of the consumer if the contact is not already found in the address book.
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to bulk add contacts to an address book using a CSV file
- CSV requirements
- Address book fields
Prerequisites for bulk importing contacts to an address book
- Ownership or administrative privileges of the account
- Accounts that are either Pro, Business, or Education accounts
- In order to use Zoom Contact Center, you must have the following licenses:
How to bulk add contacts to an address book using a CSV file
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your account.
- In the navigation menu, you will find a section called Contact Center Management, followed by a section called Address Books.
- You will be able to access an address book by selecting the unit that you created in the left-side panel.
- If there are no existing contacts, you can import them by navigating to the Import Contacts or Import Contacts tab.
- For a sample CSV file to be downloaded and a list of required fields to be displayed in the web portal, click the Download CSV Sample button.
- It is recommended that you use spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel to fill out the CSV sample.
Note: It is very important that your CSV file meets the requirements for the format.
- You can start the import process by clicking Upload CSV and selecting the completed CSV file that you have completed.
If you are going to import or update your contacts, make sure your CSV file meets the following requirements:
- It is important not to delete the first row with the names of the fields.
- You will need to make sure the phone number you enter in the Phone Number field contains the following information (without spaces or dashes):
- There is no need to include the preceding plus sign before the country code
- The area code of the city
- You can reach us by phone at the following number:
Address book fields for CSV import/export
Note: If you import a CSV file to add contacts, you will not be able to specify multiple phone numbers or emails when adding contacts. The Zoom desktop client allows you to add or edit multiple phone numbers or emails with the Profile tab, or you can use the Zoom web portal to add/edit an individual contact via the Zoom web portal.
- Display name: The name displayed on the contact’s profile.
- First name (optional)
- Last name (optional)
- In this case, we are referring to the contact’s phone number. It is possible for the desktop client to display contact information for the agent during an engagement based on the caller ID number that is used on the phone line.
- E-mail address
- The location of the business (optional)
- The account number can be provided as an option
- Please provide your company’s name (optional)
- The company name should be entered here
- Please provide a brief description of your role (optional)
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I import contacts into Zoom app?
Windows | macOS
Zoom has a desktop client that you can sign in to.
On the left hand side of the screen, click the Contacts tab.
Choose Invite a Zoom contact from the list of options that appear after clicking the add icon.
You will be asked to enter the email address of the person you wish to add to the contact list.
Invite your friends by clicking here.
The process can be repeated as many times as necessary.
How do I export my Zoom contacts?
Whenever you have selected a contact and want to export it, you will need to click the checkbox next to the contact’s profile, then click the appropriate export icon located above your search results. Unless you have already added that contact to your My Contacts folder, you will be charged one credit for every contact you export.
Can you create a contact list in Zoom?
There is a possibility for account owners and admins to share a directory of external contacts among their accounts. Users of the Zoom desktop client or Zoom mobile application are able to access the Zoom shared directory through their phone. In the Contacts tab, under the All Contacts section, you will find that contacts imported from external sources are displayed in the contact group Imported Contacts.
How do I create a contact group in Zoom?
As a result, both Zoom’s desktop client and mobile app offer the option to create groups to organize users in the Contacts tab.
Go to the Zoom website and sign in to your account.
To begin, click on User Management in the navigation menu and then click on Groups.
In order to create a group, click the Add Group button.
The new group will be given a name and a description.
Once you have clicked Add, a new window will appear. There is now a new group on your groups list that you can join.
Where is the contacts tab in Zoom?
Using the main screen, click the icon at the top that says Contacts in order to open the Contacts screen. Please click the + symbol to add an item to your cart. Several options can be found on the Zoom Contacts page that can be used to invite contacts by email (Figure A). In the email address field, you will need to enter the email address of the person you would like to invite.