Participants, meeting and webinar panelists are able to change their names using the controls available for the host and co-host.
Users will be unable to change their display names when joining a meeting if display names are mapped using SAML mapping and participants cannot rename themselves. Clients or apps need to be updated to 5.8.3 to enable this feature.
Participants must meet certain requirements before they can change their names
- Accounts with a free tier
- include admin and owner privileges
- Log on to Zoom’s web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click Account Management from the left-hand navigation bar. Click Account Settings from the account management menu.
- From the account management menu, click Meetings.
- A toggle switch will appear. Click it if you want to enable Participants are allowed to change their names. You will need to click Enable in the Enable “Allow participants to change their names” pop-up window.
- In the Lock window that appears, click the lock icon and then click Lock next to the “Allow participants to rename themselves” instruction. If you want to make this setting mandatory for all members of the entire account, click the lock icon.
- Please log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select User Management in the top navigation panel, and then select Group Management in the bottom right corner.
- Select the group that you want to manage.
- You will find a list of meetings available to you.
- Simply click the toggle to enable Participants can change their names. Enable the box next to “Let participants rename themselves” when the Enable popup window appears.
- Besides clicking the lock icon, if you would like to make this setting compulsory for all group members, you can then click Lock and, in the pop-up window that appears, choose to Allow participants to rename themselves.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Navigate to the Setting menu and then click on ‘Account’.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- Select the option, Allow participants to change their names, to make this option active.
- If your account administrator disables and locks Host video, please contact them.